Lars T. Kyllingstad escribió:
Ary Borenszweig wrote:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP6

I like the idea of attributes having names that can never be identifiers, since adding new attributes will then, as you point out, never break existing code.

But won't we lose this benefit if we later allow user-defined annotations?

Kind of, but not totally. If you allow user-defined annotations, they need to be placed in a module, so they have a fully qualified name. You could have an foo.bar.align annotation (supposing "align" was already an annotation) and do:

@foo.bar.align
int x;

The compiler-instrinsic annotations would be defined in module object or something like that.

That way you can disambiguate annotations with same names.