On 5/14/14, 6:33 AM, Yuriy wrote:
4. I consider D a killemall language, that may be potentially used on
tiny AVRs and PICs, where polymorphism might be welcome, but an extra
pointer for each class instance may become a blocker. I know, thats
fantasy now, but i think it's crucial to keep this concept of D.

Agreed at least with the "killing the mall" part :o).

While I agree with Andrei's agreements (!), the rationale for the current approach is to make it relatively straightforward to translate existing Java code into D. There was a fair amount of this in the early days of D, I'm not sure how much of that lately.