On Monday, 19 May 2014 at 10:17:16 UTC, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:

C++ is in the same situation with regards to its references, and it works fine. However, folks do often use pointers instead of references in C++ in order to make it clearer, and you're free to the same in D if you really don't
like having functions which have ref parameters.

sure i can, but lets say we are using some other library written in C++, can we change it to pointers there? no.

okay. looks like this comments above is enough to stop disscussion and abandon this proposal. fine.