On 5/31/14, 11:49 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 10:29 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
[…]

Well there's quantization noise which has uniform distribution. Then all
other sources of noise are additive (no noise may make code run faster).
So I speculate that the pdf is a half Gaussian mixed with a uniform
distribution. Taking the mode (which is very close to the minimum in my
measurements) would be the most accurate way to go. Taking the average
would end up in some weird point on the half-Gaussian slope.

I sense you are taking the piss.

I don't know the idiom - what does it mean? Something nice I hope :o). -- Andrei