On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 17:52:03 UTC, Meta wrote:
This may be a sign that your work is not interesting and/or challenging enough, or you're not getting an opportunity to learn new things.

Or you're learning new things about pain :P

But I kinda like mindless work; it leaves me more brain cycles to run on daydreaming and has no risk of spilling over into other times - with boring or trivial work I have no desire at all to keep working on it after hours leaving the time free for other stuff. Helps make sure I get to bed on time!