On Thursday, 3 July 2014 at 06:56:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 7/2/2014 8:48 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
I'm still unclear whether we're aiming for C interoperability or hardware support though, based on Walter's remark about SPARC and PPC. There, 'long double' is represented differently but is not backed by specialized hardware, so I'm guessing D would make 'real' 64-bits on these platforms and break compatibility with C. So... I guess we really do need a special alias for C compatibility, and this can map to whatever intrinsic type the applicable
compiler supports for that platform.

What is unclear about being able to call a C function declared as:

    int foo(long double r);

from D?

This: