On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 09:43:38PM +0000, via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 21:45:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> >On 7/2/2014 5:24 AM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
> ><ola.fosheim.grostad+dl...@gmail.com>" wrote:
> >>D is not even production ready,
> >
> >Of course it is.
>
> Not by my definition of "production ready":
[...]
> 2. Outstanding significant issues in the bug tracker.
[...]

I find this particular statement rather amusing. At my day job I work
with "enterprise" software, which is currently running on dedicated
hardware sold to major corporate customers worldwide. To say that the
state of the bug tracker barely even begins to approach the state of D's
bugtracker, would be the understatement of the century. We have so many
outstanding bugs, ranging from minor to subtle-but-nasty to major design
problems, that the PTBs have given up on trying to rein in the bug
count, and have resorted to measures like closing bugs due to
inactivity. The number of "outstanding significant issues" that get
postponed past releases due to lack of resources, is enough to send
chills down one's back, if he has any sense of pride in his work at all.
Yet this bug-ridden software was deemed "production ready" (whatever
that means), and is in fact running in mission-critical services on
customer sites.

By comparison, the state of D's bug tracker looks a lot more promising.

Political correctness: socially-sanctioned hypocrisy.