Apologies in advance if this belongs on the druntime forum, but it seemed to be full of exclusively automated posts?

I'm looking to integrate D into an existing code base. So far so good, but I'm concerned that the relatively rare but non-zero use of SIGUSR1/SIGUSR2 in the code base will, due to murphy's law bound to trip something up and put people in a position of having a confusing and difficult to debug issue. Fortunately we _do_ have a centralized "allocator" for Posix realtime signals. I was thinking of adding a int rt_init2(int suspendsigno, int resumesigno) function (not looking to bikeshed on the name/arguments at the moment, if people find this reasonable/useful I will happily have that discussion) as an alternative to rt_init(). My questions are basically:

1) I can't think of any reason something would break by making this configurable, but I could be mistaken. is there?

2) Is rt_init() the right sort of function, or should it be at thread_init time?

3) Is there an existing effort in this direction? I tired searching around, but mostly just found evidence that "yes, druntime uses sigusr1/sigusr2 as part of the gc implementation on !(windows, osx)."

Thanks,
-Logan