On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 13:51:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Yes, the arguments come and go by in forum discussions. To avoid this we need a well-written DIP that has a section illustrating the insufficiencies of library solutions, and then proposes the few needed additions to the language that make the thing work properly. Other language communities have done this with good results.

Andrei

I've made several DIPs. Some of them solving existing problems being discussed right now (what happen with delegates when you have this + context for instance, is solved).

Most of them never gathered any attention.

I'm willing to write this one as well, but my time isn't infinite, and ultimately, every time I do something like this, it is time I don't spend on SDC. Considering the attention these get, I simply cannot put this in high position in my priority queue.