On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 20:57:06 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:

In the documentation you tell about informations added by the module (filename, linenumber,...) but you don't put sample of the resulting output.
I will add one.
IMO it's important to provide a standard format of the output then D's IDE would be able to parse it to create links to the code or colorize it,...

I see your point, but people will change the output, we have multiple IDE's who do stuff different, so creating a framework for that is properly out of scope. But in the templatelogger module there is a function I would currently consider the default. I'll think about adding a very simple regex parser that returns a LoggerPayload.

Does the output contain a message counter? This help to distinguish message duplicates, on some console when prints are fast we don't see lines added if their are all the same.
It does not. Adding that to the LoggerPayload will be no problem.

Is it too late for an integration in std.expirimental with dmd 2.66?
ask Andrew, but I'm 99.99999% sure it is to late