On 7/14/14, 1:36 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 16:12:02 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
After adding back the v2.066.0-b3 tag, I get this:

     dmd
     Switched to branch 'master'
     Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
     v2.066.0-b1-80-ga721850
     Switched to branch '2.066'
     Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/2.066'.
     v2.066.0-b3

This looks correct to me - because of cherry-picking commits in master
and 2.066 branch have different hashes and you only tag the latter. It
just happened that for v2.066.0-b1 tag commit hash in master was the same.

v2.066.0-b1-80-ga721850 means : "commit ga721850 which is 80 commits
ahead of v2.066.0-b1 tag"

This was exactly how things looked to me when I created the B3
binaries (with the exception of tools which only had tags for B2),
however Kenji Hara reports that there are changes in the branch that
do not exist in the binaries.

Can you link the Kenji report? It feels like some cherry-picking issue
for me but I need tiny bit more info what to look for in repos.

http://forum.dlang.org/post/cafdvkcv+e4_sktxduxnhhhrzugk7euq6oknir1eakuvhqfv...@mail.gmail.com