On Friday, 18 July 2014 at 18:49:13 UTC, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
I think it's a fool's errand to try to invent a single system of naming that's blindly applied across the board. We should have some guiding principles for common cases (like "withXxx", "xxxOf", "verbed", etc.) for the sake of overall consistency, but we should consider each name on a case-to-case basis and make appropriate exceptions where it makes more sense ("tildeExpanded" sounds much better than "withExpandTilde" or
"expandTildeOf" or "expandedTilde", for example).

I think the alternatives you gave show that you are right about this. Everything should be done on a case-by-case basis with the schemes mentioned being just some ideas you could choose from to help find a good name.