On 07/23/2014 12:04 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 07/23/2014 10:59 AM, sigod wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 17:25:43 UTC, Yota wrote:
It appears Microsoft is musing the idea of adding this operator to C#
and VB.Net.  Only instead of it being a comma, they're going with a
semicolon.
https://roslyn.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Language%20Feature%20Status&referringTitle=Documentation

I dislike the comma operator as well, but would there be any problems
if it were a semicolon instead?  I think the new symbol would fit well
in for() loops.

`(var x = Foo(); Write(x); x * x)`

Looks kinda strange.

Reminds me... Is everybody aware of D's for syntax?

import std.stdio;

void main()
{
     for ( {
             int i = 42;
             double d = 1.5;
             string s = "hello";
         } i < 100; i *= 2) {

         writefln("In the loop with %s %s %s", i, d, s);

:)

Also note the absence of ; before the loop condition.

Ali

And totally legal:

  http://dlang.org/statement.html#ForStatement

ForStatement:
    for ( Initialize Testopt ; Incrementopt ) ScopeStatement

Initialize:
    ;
    NoScopeNonEmptyStatement  <-- THIS

NoScopeNonEmptyStatement: