24-Jul-2014 00:43, Walter Bright пишет:
On 7/23/2014 1:20 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Unless you are library writer, and then it's user who mixes and
matches flags
and you are foobared unless it works with them all :)

I think it's a generally unworkable rabbit hole if we add language
features to turn on/off various optimizations.

That's true. I'm thinking of how to solve things with minimal extension to the language that is generally useful (unlike compute-goto which is very niche and dangerous).

Obviously optimizations won't solve this problem, with that said it would be awesome to have your 2 final switch enhancements.

--
Dmitry Olshansky