"Andrei Alexandrescu" wrote in message news:lr6395$19r7$1...@digitalmars.com...

There'd also be the argument that using phobos inside ddmd would make the latter a better test for itself and phobos. -- Andrei

This is true, but my main concern is the quality of the compiler source.

My main concerns are: (not in order)
- Compile time
- Binary bloat
- Reduced scrutiny of code that is used in the compiler - I review every single compiler patch, but I do not have time to do that for phobos too - The compiler must build with the last release, and with HEAD. HEAD phobos only needs to build with HEAD.
- Some other things.

Anyway, there is no rush. We will have plenty of time to talk about this after ddmd becomes dmd.