On Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 07:18:37 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
Reason why I have named it "needs-decision" (can't have whitespaces in labels afaik) is that it is not necessarily an enhancement stuff - sometimes bug fixes
can be also very controversial.

'Walter-blocked' is the true meaning.

It is also "Andrei-blocked" for Phobos ;)

Assignment does not really mean much for pure pull requests, in absence of issue tracking - only for rare cases when review is needed by certain qualified person.

I wish they were rare.  In dmd at least.

Yep I am not very familiar with dmd review process, had Phobos in mind.

I went ahead and have added few labels for Phobos (https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/labels):

"blocked (awaits decision)" == "Andrei-blocked" but named a bit more generic just in case "blocked by dependency" == depends on some other pull request in dmd / druntime "needs work" == pull request author have not responded to review comments for some time "needs review" == pull request in a good shape but needs more reviewer input before merging

If it makes sense probably worth making Phobos mail list announcement for all maintainers.