"Wyatt"  wrote in message news:duoyilszsehayiffp...@forum.dlang.org...

Something (possibly the thing where "For fastest executables, compile with the -O -release -inline -boundscheck=off" is standard advice to anyone asking about performance) tells me this point needs to be made MUCH more clear wherever possible or the ghost of Scott Meyers will haunt us all. But that it's even a problem tells me we're facing a pattern of human error. Is there no good way to eliminate it?

Well, that will give you the fastest possible code. But there is no guarantee that small mistakes won't blow up in your face. It could be hidden behind another compiler switch (-release is really a terrible name, maybe -livefastdieyoung ? -noparachute ? -drinkthemysteyliquidreadthelabellater ?) but chances are it will be abused no matter what.