Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I don't suppose you or anyone else knows if the #2567 (Option To Not Treat Warnings As Errors) patch has made it in (or ever will for that matter). That's one thing I've been really anxious to hear something about, even if it's just "not likely to ever happen", so I know whether or not to plan a more permanent workaround than my current "manually patch and recompile every release".

Adding a new switch means it'll have to be there for a long time (messing with peoples' makefiles is a bad thing). I'd like to avoid having a large number of compiler switches, and so would like more experience that such a switch is a compelling improvement.