On Thursday, 31 July 2014 at 20:57:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 7/31/14, 12:37 PM, Daniel Gibson wrote:

This thread however shows that many D users (who probably have more D experience than myself) are not aware that assert() may influence optimization and would prefer to have separate syntax to tell the
optimizer what values he can expect.

Yah, I think that's a good outcome. We must document assert better. -- Andrei

Its a little too late for that I think, asserts are already being used so to change the meaning now is wrong. Earlier I said that maybe a documentation change is all that is needed but I retract that statement.