On Friday, 1 August 2014 at 14:10:14 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
Druntime uses contracts and asserts in places. Which are of course removed because we ship only a "release" build. Once again, the worst naming for a compiler switch ever. What I really want is a way to ship release and non-release builds (ie. checked and unchecked) and have the proper one chosen at link time based on build flags. Basically toss the -defaultlib and -debuglib and replace it with -checkedlib and -uncheckedlib.

As a consequence of this thread I think I am going to change the way DMD is packaged on Arch Linux to at least use -debuglib :) Right we don't provide even that...