On Friday, 8 August 2014 at 22:28:56 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
On Friday, 8 August 2014 at 21:35:59 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
FYI
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2248
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2249

These were mostly bugfixes not trying to fix any design flaws.

Yeah doesn't look like any of my code. Unfortunately due to the huge re-write i did most of those fixes go in the garbage (my rewrite probably covered most of them anyways).

Yea, one of those was my code and the other was somebody else's PR that I revived since they weren't responding.

I was moving forward with the philosophy that we should make the existing implementation as correct as possible and leave new features to new designs.

I think it will be difficult to make a "one size fits all" BitArray that satisfies everybody's wishes.
E.g.:
Bit level slice operations versus performance.
Value semantics versus D slice semantics.
Having compatibility with other parts of phobos versus having a maximum of 2^35-1 bits on a 32 bit system.

This is not as bad making a one size fits all fixed point integer, but it's not pleasant either.