On 8/19/14, 2:44 AM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 02:26:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
This is very promising! Has the versioning issue been solved? I.e. we
want the user code to choose the static logging level, not distribute
five versions of Phobos.

There is now a template function with version statements inside that
returns a bool that is used in an static if inside the templates that
implement the log calls with explicit LogLevel. As the version
statements get evaluated at CT of the log call from the user code only
one version of Phobos is required. And you can disable all five LogLevel
individual.

This is great, thanks. Not only this will be a good thing for std.logger, but it will set a precedent for new similar libraries without an explosion in distributions.

We need some unittests to ensure that kind of stuff I guess.