On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 14:32:01 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
"Dicebot" wrote in message news:xovsaqnanmmgaltip...@forum.dlang.org...

It is not hard, it is plain unacceptable for certain people. Call that religious reasons.

Using github is similar to our requirement to match the code style when submitting patches. It's non-negotiable, because there's no good reason not to do it. You just remove those tabs, then get on with it.

No it is not. GitHub is an intrusive closed ecosystem and it is legitimate concern for anyone caring about the open internet. The fact that I have considered D contribution more important than this concern and the fact that you consider such reasoning silly does not make it less legit and/or widespread. If you don't want these contributions - just ignore it, someone else will take care. But please avoid this pseudo-pragmatical "non-negotiable" bullshit, at least in public.