On Monday, 1 September 2014 at 18:33:44 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Any reason why it can't work for OSX in a same way? Assuming LDC does emit ModuleInfo & Co sections the same way it does on Linux, using OSX specific alternative to --gc-sections should "just work".

The reason we don't enable the -dead_strip option of ld64 is simply because nobody had time to make sure it works as intended. For Linux, I made the necessary adjustments to get --gc-sections to function correctly while I was working on the related codeĀ for runtime loading anyway.

David