On Tuesday, 9 September 2014 at 18:59:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
1. The compiler has -gx, which will "stomp" the stack upon function return.

2. A "volatileMemset" should be added to druntime, per 10661

3. A function, say, "clearRegisters" should be added to druntime that zeros out all scratch registers.

I know the ycombinator article says that is insufficient, but these are still things that people are going to ask for and we should provide.

Just to be clear, I don't disagree that this can be useful for certain applications. I just wanted to point out that what we were discussing something in 10661 is different from what the linked article discusses.

David