On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 03:25:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/19/2014 8:13 PM, Daniel N wrote:
What does the GC bring to exceptions that makes it sufficiently invaluable to warrant two parallel implementations? It can't be about performance, since _thrown_ exceptions are already in the slow path... Backwards compatibility?

Backwards compatibility.

Thanks!

As much as I applaud our efforts for Backwards compatibility, it only affects code which already has been written, whereas a switch would affect "all" code that will be written, imho the burden both on library and app devs would be less if we simply redefined Throwable.