On 9/20/14, 1:46 AM, Uranuz wrote:
Also it's interesting waht is the correspondence between memory
management, memory model and allocators? I know that std.allocator is in
development. I guess that it should be considered in complex.

1. Memory management: when are calls to allocation and deallocation primitives made?

2. Allocators: what are the allocation and deallocation primitives, and how are they implemented?

3. Memory model: how is memory effected by programs? (of interest for compiler implementers and thread safety)

There is occasional confusion among the three. I myself was in the woods for a while thinking that allocators should do memory management.