On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 16:19:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 9/23/14, 9:06 AM, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 15:47:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 9/23/14, 7:29 AM, Sean Kelly wrote:
The lack of clear direction or communication thereof.

* C++ compatibility

Probably a distant third is improving build tooling. But those two are
more important that everything else by an order of magnitude.

Well yeah, but that's just the current clear direction. Who knows what
it will be next week.

It's been this for a good while, and it will probably be until done. -- Andrei

Here at work I'm toying with C++ compatibility right now: If it's viable, I would like to use D instead of C++ for a cloud tool that must link with C++ computer vision libraries...

Right now it sounds promising, so this feature could really be very interesting, not only to facilitate the integration with existing in-house codebase, but also for brand new projects.

I'm starting to think that there will be a lot of buzz and fuss about D as soon as good bindings to popular C++ libs will appear in the wild...

---
/Paolo