On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 10:38:29 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
The question is how thread-local GC will account for data passed to another thread.

I was briefly discussing this with Andrei at (I think) DConf 2013. I suggested moving data to a separate global GC heap on casting stuff to shared. Assigning types with indirections to a __gshared variable might also trigger this, unless we can find a better design. IIRC, Andrei dismissed this as impractical due to the overhead and need for precise scanning. I still like to think that it would be worth it, though, even if I can't spare the time for looking into an implementation right now.

David