On 9/23/2014 10:10 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Yeah, I wish that at least *some* attention would be paid to refining
existing features so that problematic corner cases could be ironed out.

It's kinda maddening to hear statements like that. Just in 2.066:

103 compiler regressions fixed
235 compiler bugs fixed
39 language enhancements
12 phobos regressions fixed
110 phobos bugs fixed
41 phobos enhancements
9 druntime regressions fixed
17 druntime bugs fixed
9 druntime enhancements

https://dlang.org/changelog.html#list2066

Like identifier lookup rules for local imports.

Suddenly this issue goes to a mountain overnight. Is it really the most critical, important problem, overshadowing everything else?

And what to do about
dtors. And so many little niggling details that seem minor, but added
together, can form a pretty big mountain of frustration sometimes.

So help out!

I haven't actually tried this yet, but I'm been toying with the idea of
writing *all* functions as template functions (except where impossible,
like virtual functions), even if they would take only zero compile-time
arguments. This way, I reap the benefits of attribute inference, *and* I
also get automatic culling of unused functions from the executable ('cos
they wouldn't be instantiated in the first place).

Yup, give it a try.