On Monday, 22 September 2014 at 23:09:28 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 9/22/14, 12:18 PM, "Nordlöw" wrote:
On Monday, 15 September 2014 at 02:26:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/817283c163f5

You implementation seems to hold water at least in my tests and save
memory at

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/conceptnet5.d

Awesome, thanks for doing this. How did you measure and what results did you get? -- Andrei

I just checked that I didn't get any segfaults :)

Memory usage in my conceptnet5.d graph (around 1.2GB) didn't differ noticeable when using RCString compared to string in a network that allocates around 10 million RCStrings as keys in a hash-table. Average RCString length is about 14. Is that surprising?

I didn't test speed.

I've found a potential bug in msgpack-d that when fixed enables packing of RCString. See:

https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-d/issues/43