On 9/25/14, 2:03 PM, eles wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 14:29:06 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:

lack of attention paid to tightening up what we've already got and
deprecating old stuff that no one wants any more.  And inconsistency
in how things work in the language.

The feeling that I have is that if D2 does not get a serious cleanup at
this stage, then D3 must follow quickly (and such move will be
unstoppable), otherwise people will fall back to D1 or C++next.

I'm not sharing that feeling at all. From that perspective all languages are in need of a "serious cleanup". -- Andrei