Robin KAY Wrote:

> The current specifications for D1 and D2 are on the Digital Mars
> web-site. Use the side-bar to view the different sections.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/lex.html
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/lex.html
>
> The D1 specification is also subject to change as (slowly) more detail
> is added and ambiguities are resolved.

Thanks .. missed the detail down the sidebar .. must have been my blurry vision
due to staring at Java for too long .. was thinking that getting into D might
be some relief for sore eyes .. read the 1.0 PDF spec last week and today went
looking (with a measure of excitement) for the 2.0 spec in PDF format to read
off-screen.

Now is this blurry vision to blame or a typo at line 23 into the first example
this page?

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/index.html

        // Improved typesafe printf
        writeln(cl.argnum, cl.suffix, " arg: ", cl.argv);
        // Automatic or explicit memory management
        delete cl;
    }

writeln should be writefln ?

Ditto on D1.0 intro page
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/index.html

As a newcomer, I didn't expect the compiler to bitch at sample code copied and
pasted from the première D example page :-(

./hello.d(23): Error: undefined identifier writeln
./hello.d(23): Error: function expected before (), not writeln of type int

Anyway, if it's not too late, me thinks I'd like to join the party.  You folks
sound welcoming enough. :-)

-- Justin Johansson