29-Sep-2014 01:21, Sean Kelly пишет:
On Sunday, 28 September 2014 at 21:16:51 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

But otherwise agreed, dropping the whole process is not always a good
idea or it easily becomes a DoS attack vector in a public service.

What I really want to work towards is the Erlang model where an app is a
web of communicating processes (though Erlang processes are effectively
equivalent to D objects).  Then, killing a process on an error is
absolutely correct.  It doesn't affect the resilience of the system.
But if these processes are actually threads or fibers with memory
protection, things get a lot more complicated.

One thing I really appreciated about JVM is exactly the memory safety with ability to handle this pretty much in the same way Erlang does.

I really need to spend
some time investigating how modern Linux systems handle tons of
processes running on them and try to find a happy medium.

Keep us posted.

--
Dmitry Olshansky