On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 20:07:41 UTC, Uranuz wrote:

1. As far as I understand allocation and memory management of
entities like class (Object), dynamic arrays and associative
arrays is part of language/ runtime. What is proposed here is
*fix* to standart library. But that allocation and MM happening
via GC is not *fault* of standart library but is predefined
behaviour of D lang itself and it's runtime. The standard library
becomes a `hostage` of runtime library in this situation. Do you
really sure that we should "fix" standart library in that way?
For me it looks like implementing struts for standard lib (which
is not broken yet ;) ) in order to compensate behaviour of
runtime lib.

This really hits the nail on the head, and I think your other comments and questions are also quite insightful.

IMO the proposal that started this thread, @nogc, and -vgc are all beating around the bush rather than addressing the fundamental problem.

Mike