On 25/09/2014 07:22, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Nevertheless, I think there is still room for debuggers to improve.
Recently, for example, I learned that gdb has acquired the ability to
step through a program backwards. Just missed the point in your program
where the problem first happened? No problem, just step backwards until
you get back to that point! Neat stuff. (How this is implemented is left
as an exercise for the reader. :-P)

IIRC, that was only implemented for a few architectures, and none of them where the PC architectures. (Rather it was used a lot for embedded targets architectures, for which GDB is used a lot as well)

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros