On Saturday, 4 October 2014 at 08:30:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 10/3/2014 3:27 PM, Piotrek wrote:
My point was that the broken speed indicators shut down the autopilot systems.

The alternative is to have the autopilot crash the airplane. The autopilot cannot fly with compromised airspeed data.

Yes, I know. I just provided that example as a response to:

Do you interpret airplane safety right? As I understand, airplanes are safe exactly because they recover from assert failures and continue operation.

And Paulo stated it's a bad example. Maybe it is, but I couldn't find a better one. This accident just sits in my head as the sequence of events shocked me the most from all accident stories I heard.

Piotrek