On 10/6/14, 7:48 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Knowledge doesn't have to be by type; just place data inside the
exception. About the only place where multiple "catch" statements are
used to make fine distinctions between exception types is in sample code
showing how to use multiple "catch" statements :o). This whole notion
that different exceptions need different types is as far as I can tell a
red herring.

What do you suggest, error codes? I consider that an ugly hack.

I don't. On the contrary, I do consider proliferating types to the multiplicity of possible errors an obvious design sin. -- Andrei