On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 15:13:59 UTC, Nicolas F. wrote:
On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 12:39:23 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:

What do you think are the worst parts of D?

The fact that its community, when faced with the question "What do you think are the worst parts of D?", will readily have a 35 page verbal fistfight over what the worst parts of D are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that discussion is happening about such things, but I think it may be better to have it in a more structured manner in the future, and with a little less emotional investment.

Heh, I think such self-criticism by the community is great, for example, I loved that I recently stumbled across this page on the wiki:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Language_issues

How many other languages can boast such a page of problems on their own wiki? :) Thanks to Vlad and Mike for writing it.

People in this thread are emotional because they care: I don't think it's gone overboard given the real concerns they're stating. When the D community starts hiding its problems and stops critiquing its own efforts, sometimes passionately if that's what you truly feel, is when it starts going downhill.