If I pool all unused objects such that no object needs to be GC'ed, does it still perform scanning? What are other good ways to avoid its overhead? As you might tell, I know rather little how D's garbage collection works. I'm working on a game engine and trying to be as resource efficient as possible.

FYI, I've been using Rust for the last three months and decided to take a break from it. The documentation is far from the quality that D has and managing explicit lifetimes becomes a serious pain during mid project, especially in cases that you know are already safe.