On 10/9/14, 9:57 AM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 16:36:35 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:>
+1, std.benchmark should be revived.

-1, This really does not solve my problem. I need a parameterized unit
test facility aka. Haskell QuickCheck with the additional benchmarking
feature that allows me/us to track performance over time aka. benchmark
result dump to file in csv style manner.

version (xyz) unittest
{

is a good idiom. I noticed you feel strongly about bracing but I unrecommend it (and we should disallow it for phobos) as it forces you to either double-indent everything (net loss) or create an exception with regard to indentation. Also the opening extra brace has a "garden path sentence" liability, it suggests more stuff will be encompassed by the brace but then only at the closing brace there's the realization there's only encompassed entity.

The idiom is already used, see e.g. https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/file.d#L322.