On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 22:34:45 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
I think I like the idea of the factory method now though, as I've learned you can hide a struct inside a function, and then call the function to set the struct up properly and return it. At least, I'm sure I've seen code that does that..
ah, yes, it's "Voldemort type". ;-)

  auto thatWhoCantBeNamed () {
    static struct A { ... }
    return A();
  }

voila. you have type that you can use but cannot create without
factory. but you need to have postblit enabled with this.

It's not a "Voldemort type" if the struct A is static, is it? You
can just alias A = typeof(thatWhoCantBeNamed()); and then create
a new object of the same type.

--
Nicolas