On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 17:27:22 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 12:45:40 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 07:36:21 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
Wait what? Are you saying there is a single case when this:

const T var;

is not identical to this:

const(T) var;

No, look at the pointer symbol.

module test;

const int**  a;
const(int**) b;

The original code you quoted was "const(T)* v;" where the "*" was *outside* of the parens.

There was no * in my quote, only `const(T)` vs `const T` (with any compound T)

The fact that const T* means const(T*) does not indicate that const is a storage class but simply a parsing rule. Walter has made a statement that there is a const storage class that is distinct from const qualified. I want example.