On Monday, 20 October 2014 at 19:04:15 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Monday, 20 October 2014 at 18:36:20 UTC, katuday wrote:
I am new to D. Where do I get a D compiler to build 64-bit binaries on Windows 7? Searching the forum shows 64-bit support on Windows as work-in-progress in 2013. Is this still the case?
Thanks.

Win64 is pretty well-supported for some time now, though you have to install the MSVC toolchain to use it. The download page was updated a couple months ago in a confusing way, all dmd compilers support 64-bit compilation:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/593/files

What the download page means to say is that there's no 64-bit dmd binary for Windows, but the 32-bit dmd binary will compile D source into 64-bit Windows code also. I'd submit a pull to make this clear, but I'm not sure where it should go on the page. It should be fixed.

I am confused. Microsoft C/C++ tool chain is required in order to use dmd? How? I do have several MS Visual C++ compilers including the latest (2013) but am not sure how I am supposed to used them alongside dmd.