On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 13:15:45 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
My proposal is to have the compiler reject such code unless one of the debugging switches is present on the command line. If you aren't debugging, don't compile code that is marked as "only compile during debugging." I don't think it's that complex or controversial.

-Steve

IMHO it should at least emit a warning. I understand how it can be useful from Walter's previous example but the enabling switch belongs on the command line, not in code.