On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:44:48 +0400, Jason House <jason.james.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Don Wrote:

I've provided very simple solutions for both of these. I'm getting
pretty irritated that people are acting as though these are difficult
problems and trying to come up with convoluted solutions. Impose minimal
semantics and it becomes trivial.

FWIW, I've liked your proposals, but I don't feel qualified to comment. I never adjust rounding modes. I do like how I can be ignorant and get code that is better optimized. You've shown deep knowledge of floating point operation in the past, and I'm inclined to accept reasonable-sounding proposals from those that know way more than me.

I second that. Nothing to add.