On Monday, 27 October 2014 at 03:00:50 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Monday, 27 October 2014 at 02:33:18 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
Cons:
Could degrade perceived quality of stdlib if bad dub packages got in.

Bad for security.

My response to that is that any library you ever download is bad for security (including dmd and phobos). We need to draw the line somewhere for things we trust and things we don't trust, personally I draw the line where it best suits me to get things done. If giving up some small about of security allowed me to automatically integrate dub packages into my projects, I would happily give it up. :)

Also it is why I suggested that it could be policed.