language_fan wrote:
In fact this is the group which uses something other than the hybrid object-oriented/procedural model.

Damn straight! They use a hybrid OO/procedural/functional model. Like D. Or C#.

"Oh, but Prolog," you may say. And I admit, I've seen it used a couple times by academics. But I've seen similar languages used at my job, and we're not by any means an algorithms shop.

I'm actually aware of very few languages that break the mold. There are toy languages like Befunge; there are solver-oriented languages like Prolog and Zimpl; and there are a couple oddities like METAFONT.

What languages have you seen that are so innovative and different in paradigm?