Ola Fosheim Grøstad:

I think D should either try to support programming in the large or stop claiming that D aims to stop programming in the large while not being willing to make the feature set suitable.

Think of C++17/D2 as testbed entities that contain most features, to test what works and what doesn't work, to create successive languages that contain only the useful features :-)

(I still don't have desire for multiple alias this at this moment. I'd like tuple unpacking, more value range analysis, something to enforce preconditions at compile-time, a built-in yield/yieldAll, and little else).

Bye,
bearophile