I'm currently attempting to package my D project (https://github.com/GreatEmerald/libarcomage/) as a shared library for openSUSE and whatnot, but I'm running into some policy problems.

First, in order to build a shared library, it has to link against libphobos2.so. libphobos2.so is provided by the DMD package. Which means... The users of my library have to have DMD installed at runtime. Even though they don't intend to compile anything.

Ideally, this problem would be solved by splitting libphobos2.so into its own package. After all, even the licenses of DMD and Phobos2 are different. This can be done downstream, but for instance for openSUSE, there's not much of a downstream to begin with. And this is needed for each distribution.

While I'm at it, in the DMD RPM it's also set as Provides "libphobos2.so.0.66" instead of the expected "libphobos2.so.0.66()(64bit)" on openSUSE. I'm not too sure if this is distribution-specific or a standard practice, though.

Second, what's the suggested method of providing includes? Put all the source of the library into includes? Make .di files? What about templates? Is there a suggested directory structure?